Thursday 17 May 2012

Tutorial Four




For Tutorial Four we were asked to do a one minute long video based on a Occupational Concept. For this I chose the topic Occupational Deprivation.  For this we used the quote “if you draw it for me, if you cut it for me, if you paint it for me, then all you show is that you can do it better than me” to show that by doing something for others although you may mean well all you are doing is showing them that they can’t do things as well as you can. This quote was a motto of Hamilton North School where Briony Barnette had one of her placements. I think this quote is so powerful in the way that it suggests we are depriving others if we take their occupations off them.

The audio sung by my Flatmate Caleb Young used the song “I can do anything better than you” from the musical “Annie Get Your Gun”, we thought this was fitting as it showed the occupationally deprived persons conclusion (the one that was getting everything done for them), that when others did something for them that is the way they felt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment